If you suffered physical harm, or lost a loved one, during the 9/11 attack in New York City, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and losses through the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. Consider the following important information about eligibility, how to apply, and how our victim compensation firm can help you–
What Is the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund?
The 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund (VCF) was established via the Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act. The fund provides financial compensation to those persons who:
- Suffered physical harm; or
- Lost a family member who was killed as a result of the terrorist attack or from debris removal in the immediate aftermath.
Eligibility for WTC VCF Compensation
In order to recover compensation from the 9/11 VCF, you must prove that:
- You have a 9/11-related physical injury or condition; and
- You were at one of the attack sites on 9/11 or you were below Canal Street for any period between September 11, 2001 through May 30, 2002.
- This includes: workers, residents, volunteers, and visitors.
In addition to proving injury, you must also dismiss or withdraw any existing 9/11 lawsuits you have filed, and prove that your condition has worsened, or that you have developed a new condition, if you received an award from the original Victim Compensation Fund (2001-2004).
At Napoli Shkolnik PLLC, we are proud of our history of success in helping Ground Zero victims and achieving favorable verdicts and landmark settlements for our clients. The following are some examples of our landmark cases:
- Our attorneys achieved an $816.45 million settlement for firefighters, police officers, and construction workers injured as a result of toxic dust at Ground Zero.
- We obtained a $47.5 million settlement for Rescue and Recovery workers at Ground Zero who suffered injuries as a result of toxic dust. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey agreed to this landmark settlement as compensation for the workers’ losses.
- Our victim compensation firm obtained a $28 million settlement for rescue and recovery workers at Ground Zero who were harmed by toxic dust while they were working on the barges and piers.
- We achieved a $24.5 million settlement for Rescue and Recovery workers injured at Ground Zero as a result of toxic dust at Fresh Kills landfill.
WTC VCF Deadlines to Know
The deadline for VCF compensation from the Zadroga Act has been extended. You should register your claim as soon as possible; claims can be submitted until December 18, 2020.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
The lawyers at the offices of Napoli Shkolnik PLLC can help you to receive the compensation you deserve through the Victim Compensation Fund. Meet with us today for a free review of your claim. From there, we will help you to understand eligibility, how to apply, and all related rules and regulations. Call us or contact us online now.