W. Steven Berman
Steven Berman is an experienced litigator who manages the firm’s New Jersey location and often can be found in our Philadelphia, PA offices as well. His practice primarily focuses on the litigation of complex mass tort litigations involving products liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, environmental, negligence and class actions all over the country. Mr. Berman has been an integral player in successfully recovering millions of dollars on behalf of the firm’s clients since joining the firm, often quietly behind the scenes assisting other firm attorneys without fanfare.
Mr. Berman’s clients typically include individuals throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania who were seriously injured by large corporations or municipalities such as the Cabot Oil, Wyeth, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer, Johnson & Johnson, Hoffmann-LaRoche, Merck, Exxon-Mobil, BP, Gulf Oil, Jackson Hewitt and Eli Lilly.
Following a judicial clerkship, Mr. Berman worked for several well-known Philadelphia law firms, primarily defending persons or corporations sued in a wide variety of cases, including professional negligence, civil rights, admiralty, personal injury, insurance coverage, asbestos, environmental contamination and construction defect litigation. Mr. Berman now applies that wide body of knowledge and experience on behalf of our clients and, when needed, has been admitted pro hac vice to appear in state and federal courts in New York and Oklahoma. Mr. Berman was a featured speaker at the Mealy’s Diet Drug Seminar in Philadelphia.
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- The Dickinson School of Law (now of Penn State University), J.D.
- Brandeis University, B.A.
- Media Appearances
- Energy Cos. Say Bankruptcy Nixes Coal Ash Pollution Claims, Law360 (February 21, 2019)
- Trucking Company Can’t Escape Negligence Action Over Driver’s Accident, The Legal Intelligencer (October 8, 2018)
- NJ Justices Centralize Taxotere Hair-Loss Suits, Law360 (August 21, 2018)
- Court Grants Mass Tort Status to Suits Over Breast Cancer Drug Taxotere, New Jersey Law Journal, (August 21, 2018)
- Honorable Isaac Serata, Superior Court of New Jersey, Cumberland County, 1986-1987.