Louise R. Caro
Louise R. Caro is a Partner in the firm and is the Managing Attorney for our Miami, Florida office. Her practice focuses on plaintiff’s mass tort litigation, concentrating on helping people harmed by exposure to hazardous soil, water and air contaminants. She has represented clients harmed by a multitude of environmental pollutants and toxins such as arsenic, lead, and dioxin, in soils and public water supply wells.
- Bar Admissions
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- The United States District Court of Colorado
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D.
- Florida International University, B.S.
- Awards and Honors
- Daily Business Review, Finalist, Most Effective Lawyer in the Environmental Law category in the tri-county area of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties, 2009
- Florida Bar Award for Outstanding Local Government Law School Student, 2002
- Professional Affiliations
- Broward County Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Environmental and Land Use Section of the Florida Bar
- Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, “Environmental Justice, The Impact of Environmental Incentive Programs in Our Communities and Their Impacts on Public Health,” 2011 Joint Meeting of the SE/SW/Midwest People of Color Legal Scholarship Conferences, 2011.
- Panelist, “Environmental & Land Use Law Careers,” Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law School, 2011
- Media Appearances
Class action lawsuit filed over Hyannis well contamination, Cape Cod Times (April 23, 2018)
Spectrums News Buffalo
WIVB News-4 Buffalo
TWC News Buffalo
- Other Experience
- Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik LLP
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc.
- Jan Schlichtmann, Attorney at Law
- Environmental and Land Use Law Center