Ms. Factor is an associate in the firm’s Environmental Litigation Department, working out of the Melville, NY office. She has 14 years of experience handling a wide range of environmental and civil litigation matters. These include petroleum contamination of soil and groundwater, transactions involving contaminated property, environmental remediation, pesticide regulations, solid and hazardous waste, sewering, renewable energy and recycling. Ms. Factor’s current focus is on tort litigation involving the emerging contaminants PFOA, PFOS and 1, 4 dioxane in drinking water, as well as other toxins.
Whether representing private individuals or municipal clients, Ms. Factor strives to make sure that they receive timely and comprehensive updates on the case and the empathy and respect they deserve.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- Pittsburgh University School of Law, LL.M.
- Haifa University Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- Bloomsburg University – B.A.
- Professional Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association
- Speaking Engagements
- April 2018: Quogue Public Library, “Offshore Wind: A New Chapter in Energy”
- April 2018: Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association, “Environmental Update 2017-2018”
- January 2018: Hauppauge Industrial Association, “2017 Environmental Year in Review”
- October 2017: Molloy College, “Where Does Your Garbage Go?”
- October 2016: Suffolk County Bar Association and Hauppauge Industrial Association Environmental Committees, “2016 Environmental Update”
- November 2015: SC Women’s Bar Association, “Residential Oil Tanks and Disposal of Pharmaceuticals”
- May 2014 and July 2013: Touro Law School, “Disaster Law: Environmental Law Perspectives”
- May 2018: Suffolk Lawyer, New Solid Waste Regulations Seek to Curb Illegal Dumping and Add Controls”
- April 2017: Suffolk Lawyer, “Nassau and Suffolk Pass Legislation for Energy and Solar Financing”
- Winter/Spring 2017, The New York Environmental Lawyer, Vol. 32 No. 1, New York State Bar Association Environmental Law Section, “Long Island: An Environmental Update for 2016”
- December 2016: Suffolk Lawyer, “Court Decision Strikes Down Parts of Suffolk County’s PDR Program”
- April 2016: Suffolk Lawyer, “What You Should Know About Pesticides on Your Lawn”
- November 2015: Suffolk Lawyer, “2015 Brownfield Cleanup Program Reform”
- October 2015: Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association Newsletter, “Suffolk County Passes Ban on Products Containing Microbeads
- June 2015: Suffolk Lawyer, “Pharmaceutical Disposal – A Patchwork Solution”
- July/August 2014: Nassau Lawyer, “Court of Appeals Upholds Municipal Fracking Bans”
- Other Experience
- Factor Law
- Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP
- Law Office of Frederick Eisenbud
- Lamb & Barnosky, LLP