Salvatore C. Badala
Mr. Badala is an associate in the firm’s complex commercial litigation & consumer class actions department. Sal focuses his practice on handling disputes concerning directors and officers liability, partnership liability, securities fraud, antitrust, RICO, tortious interference with contracts and economic relations, business fraud, limited liability companies, contracts, and trade secrets.
Previously, at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP, he conducted internal investigations and assisted in the representation of individuals and entities in regulatory enforcement and white collar criminal matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Securities & Fraud Commission of Hong Kong, the Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and the Department of Justice. Specifically, his practice focused on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and hiring practices, credit ratings for offerings of Collateralized Debt Obligations, electronic blue sheet submissions, alleged misconduct in the foreign exchange markets, the valuation process for credit default swap indices cleared though a derivatives clearing organization, and mortgage-backed securitization trading involving Public-Private Investment Program funds.
Mr. Badala interned for both the Honorable Kenneth M. Karas of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and for the white collar crime division of United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University, B.A.
- Awards and Honors
- 2016 Top Attorneys: New York Metro Area’s Outstanding Young Lawyer
- New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016-2018
- Executive Articles Editor, St. John’s New York International Law Review and Journal of International & Comparative Law
- Member, St. John’s Moot Court Honor Society
- Speaking Engagements
A “The Plaintiff Perspective” Speaker, Analyzing “Pharma Marketing Campaigns of the Opioid Manufacturer and Distributors“, Insight Exchange Network Presents: Responding to the Opioid Crisis: Litigation, Regulation, & Reform (April 16-17, 2018)
- Media Appearances
Exotic Dancers, Club Chain Strike $8.5M Deal In Wage Row, Law360 (February 26, 2018)
County mulls suing opioid drug makers, Adirondack Daily Enterprise (February 19, 2018)
Banana Boat Looks to Ice False SPF Advertising Class Action, Law360 (January 10, 2018)
How we got here: A history of the opiate epidemic, Long Island Business News (November 7, 2017)
Al Jazeera English
WABC-7 Eyewitness News
- Legal Intern at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Kenneth M. Karas, a Federal Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Other Experience
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik LLP