Rachel L. Shkolnik
Ms. Shkolnik is an associate with the firm’s Product Liability, Pharmaceutical Department. Prior to joining the Pharmaceutical Department, she focused on premise liability, products liability, labor law, intentional torts as well as civil suits involving victims of sexual assault and/or battery.
Rachel focuses on premise liability, products liability, labor law, intentional torts as well as civil suits involving victims of sexual assault and/or battery.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Georgia, B.A.
- Awards and Honors
- 2020 Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys ( NAOPIA)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2019
- Professional Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association (BWBA)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York Bar Association
- Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit, Co-author along with Attorney, Julie Kane, a Direct Examination Chapter pending publication
- Other Experience
- As a certified legal intern, Rachel appeared in court under the supervision of licensed attorneys to represent indigent clients for change of pleas, arraignment, sounding, preliminary hearings; wrote and argued motions; direct examined witnesses during motion hearings; maintained trial matrix; and wrote memoranda for several legal issues.
- Rachel was a law clerk at Colson Hicks Eidson where she drafted pleadings, pretrial motions and other legal memoranda in a variety of complex litigation cases; attended a trial, deposition, and mediation; researched and wrote legal memoranda for several litigations on issues including wrongful death claims, Chinese drywall, corporate law, and workers compensation. Furthermore, she had the unique opportunity to co-author along with Attorney, Julie Kane, a Direct Examination Chapter pending publication in a book.
- Prior to attending law school Rachel was a paralegal for Weitz & Luxenberg, P.C. where she was responsible for all aspects of a mass tort products liability litigation; prepared document binders; worked on document review; prepared trial attorneys for depositions; performed medical research; analyzed all potential clients’ medical records to determine their cases whether they met litigation requirements; organized deposition schedules; as well as scheduled and prepared attorneys for client, doctor, and witness depositions.
- Pro Bono
- As non-certified Legal Intern at Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office, Rachel worked with assistant public defenders in the Domestic Representation Unit; assisted with bond hearings, arraignments, soundings, trials, and court calendar; interviewed clients, witnesses, and victims; conversed with Spanish speaking clients; and researched and drafted motions.
- As a judicial intern to the Honorable Judge Jorge E. Cueto Rachel attended daily motion calendar and trials in the Civil Division, offered advisory opinions to matters before motion calendar, and discussed trial with judge and staff.