Jaquay B. Felix
Jaquay B. Felix is an associate in the firm’s Mass Torts Litigation and Probate Departments working out of the Long Island office. Mr. Felix currently specializes in handling personal injury and wrongful death claims for victims of the 9/11 World Trade Center disaster, and has represented families of first responders, employees, and residents devastated by the terrorist attacks and its aftermath. He represents clients nationwide in their claims against the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund. He has had success reversing claims that were previously denied and has recovered millions of dollars in economic losses.
Mr. Felix earned his Juris Doctorate degree from the Touro College of Law. While in law school Mr. Felix served as a Mock Trial/Moot Court Coach for the Black Law Student Association. In this capacity he assisted students prepare mock trial and moot court presentations by helping them draft opening and closing statements, direct and cross examinations, and conducted objection drills. As a third year law student, Mr. Felix clerked for the Eastern District Court of New York as a student intern under the Honorable Leonard D. Wexler. Mr. Felix was also an American Inns of Court Fellow and served as Phi Alpha Delta Vice Justice of the Touro Law Chapter.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- Federal Eastern District of New York
- Federal Southern District of New York
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg School of Law, J.D.
- Binghamton University, B.A.
- Awards and Honors
- New York Metro Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2019-2020
- Award Winner for Academic Excellence in Oral Advocacy (2009)
- Award Winner for Academic Excellence in Pre-Trial Litigation and Trial Practice (2011)
- Binghamton University Debate Team Top Speaker Award Winner (Spring 2002)
- Binghamton University Dean’s List Student (2002-2003)
- Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
A Theoretical Solution for Endometrial Cancer Claims to the VCF, Nassau Lawyer (February 2020)
- Federal Judicial Clerk Intern, Eastern District Court of New York
- Other Experience
- Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik LLP
- Phi Alpha Delta Vice Justice, Touro Law Chapter
- Mock Trial/Moot Court Coach, Black Law Student Association
- American Inns of Court Fellow