Joseph Napoli is a dedicated legal advocate, academic scholar, and performance artist who brings all his education, skills, experience, and talent to bear in each case that he handles.
Currently, Mr. Napoli spends most of his time advocating for clients injured in mass tort cases that involve multi-million-dollar damage figures. Specifically, Mr. Napoli and the other members of this legal team represent persons injured in drinking water poisoning cases, such as the per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (such as PFOA and PFOS) that have affected residents in communities across New York and across the country. Moreover, Napoli Law partnered with the NAACP to speak out for victims of the Flint, Michigan, lead poisoning crisis.
As a personal injury attorney, Mr. Napoli also represents victims of defective products. Whether related to a design defect, manufacturing defect, or a failure to warn about known dangers, these actions often affect millions of innocent consumers.
In terms of individual actions, Mr. Napoli often represents victims of medical malpractice and construction negligence. When he was only a year out of law school, Mr. Napoli obtained a landmark decision reversing a one-hundred-year-old law allowing plaintiffs with foreign objects left in their bodies after surgery to sue from the date of discovery. Mr. Napoli is also a recognized authority on New York’s complex scaffolding law, which holds some construction companies strictly liable for the damages that they cause.
Mr. Napoli is also one of the few personal injury attorneys in New York who routinely handles civil appeals.
In the past, Mr. Napoli has been an instructor at the St. John’s University School of law, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, and the Bernard M. Baruch College of the City University of New York.
At these institutions, he taught various courses in areas like medical malpractice, evidence, and products liability. Mr. Napoli has also conducted torts seminars and trial seminars.
He is also the author of the Guide to New York Evidence, a manual of arms for Empire State litigators which is currently in its tenth printing.
Over the years, Mr. Napoli has brought his considerable writing talents to both stage and screen. He has penned several live plays and movie screenplays. He has also directed two feature films.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Pro hac vice Admission: Florida
- New York University School of Law, LLM
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- St. John’s University, B.A.
- Professional Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Author, Guide to New York Evidence, Looseleaf Law Publications
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
Mr. Napoli has had numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, having recently obtained an $8 million settlement (a single leg amputation for a pedestrian),a $2.75 million settlement (labor law case for a worker who fell off a ladder), and a $15.7 million settlement (double amputation due to being crushed by a concrete barrier).
- Other Experience
- Instructor, St. John’s University School of Law
- Instructor, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Topics at both schools included medical malpractice, product liability, and evidence. Mr. Napoli has also conducted torts seminars and trial seminars.