Patrick Haines is the managing attorney for the Firm’s offices in Edwardsville, Illinois as well as in Austin, Texas. For the past twenty years his practice has focused on helping the victims of asbestos and other toxic substances obtain compensation for their injuries. Patrick has represented over 1000 victims of mesothelioma from all over the United States and has successfully tried cases to verdict in Texas and Louisiana. His trial victories include the first asbestos verdicts ever against Borg Warner Corporation and Exxon Mobil. In addition, he has litigated cases involving injuries from vinyl chloride, benzene, carbon disulfide and drugs like Vioxx.
- Bar Admissions
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- Awards and Honors
- Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “Evaluation Industrial Hygiene Conclusions”, Perrin Conferences: Asbestos Litigation Conference: A National Overview & Outlook 2017
- Conference Co-Chair, “Jurisdictional Update: Status of the Litigation and Recent Decisions,” Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference 2017
- Speaker, “Asbestos Litigation Post Bauman v. Daimler”, Perrin Conferences: The Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference
- Media Appearances
Day care owner joins those suing Columbia Gas, Salem News (December 18, 2018)
Merrimack Valley Gas Explosions, Ringler Radio/Legal Talk Network (November 12, 2018)
Gas Action Lawsuit: Firm files lawsuits against Columbia Gas for impacted residents and businesses, Wicked Local North Andover (October 2, 2018)
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
*Results May Vary Depending On Your Particular Facts and Legal Circumstances*
- Living Mesothelioma Case; against thirty different companies who made, sold or used asbestos products brought by a power plant maintenance worker in Pennsylvania, successful multi-dollar settlement in Pennsylvania.
- Seddon v. Owens-Corning; Asbestosis case against the manufacturer of Kaylo insulation brought by a member of asbestos workers union from Iowa, tried to successful verdict in Dallas, Texas.
- Brown v. Borg Warner; Asbestosis case against the manufacturer of Borg Warner automotive clutches brought by a mechanic from Alabama, tried to successful verdict including punitive damages in El Paso, Texas.
- Bendily v. Exxon Mobil; Asbestosis case against the owner of the Exxon/Standard Oil refinery in Baton Rouge, Louisiana brought by an employee of Anco Insulation; tried to successful verdict in Ascension Parish, Louisiana and affirmed on appeal.
- Moreno v. National Gypsum; Mesothelioma case against the manufacturer of Gold Bond asbestos panels brought by a school security guard, tried to successful verdict in excess of 8 million dollars in San Antonio, Texas.
- Other Experience
- Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik LLP