Sam brings many years of behavioral healthcare experience to Napoli Shkolnik’s Parity Litigation Team.
Before entering law school, Sam spent five years at a revenue cycle management company where he was in charge of resolving disputes with the nation’s largest health insurance companies. During Sam’s time in medical billing, he supervised a team that collected millions of dollars in claims that insurers initially denied.
During law school, Sam worked as a law clerk in Napoli Shkolnik’s Washington, DC office where he helped build the firm’s Parity litigation practice. Sam strongly believes that patients have a right to the insurance benefits they pay for, and his practice is devoted to fighting for patients and providers whose claims are wrongly unpaid.
- Bar Admissions
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- University of California Irvine, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, B.A.
- Speaking Engagements
Speaker, “Fight For Your Right to Payment”, HSNS Conference (July 2019)
- Media Appearances
Lawsuits accuse United, Cigna of underpaying for behavioral health claims, MedCity News (April 9, 2020)
UnitedHealthcare, Cigna sued for allegedly underpaying behavioral health claims, Becker’s Hospital Review (April 8, 2020)
UnitedHealth, Cigna, Viant Accused of Fraudulently ‘Repricing’ Behavioral Health Bills in Class-Action Suits, Health Payer Specialist (April 8, 2020)
UnitedHealth,Cigna accused of underpaying out-of-network providers, Modern Healthcare (April 6, 2020)
United And Cigna cheat Patients on Benefit Money, Suit Say, Law360 (April 3, 2020)
Cigna, United Underpaid Out-of-Network Claims, Lawsuit Alleges, Bloomberg Law (April 3, 2020)
Patients and Behavioral Health Providers Sue Viant, Cigna and United for Conspriing to Underpay Out-of-Network Claims, As Covered By:
- Yahoo! Finance
- KTVN-TV CBS-2
- WFMJ-TV NBC-21
- KWTV-TV CBS-9
- KAKE-TV ABC
- WBOC-TV CBS-16
- WRCB-TV NBC-3
- KVOR 740-AM
- Seeking Alpha
- Daily Herald
- The Buffalo News
- VB Profiles
- 1st Discount Brokerage
- Participant Education Center
- Daily Penny Alerts
- Dow Theory Letters
- Value Investing News
- Franklin Credit Management
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
- Successful collection of unpaid substance abuse and eating disorder claims on behalf of patients and providers against United Healthcare, Florida Blue, Beacon Health Options
- Judicial Extern United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California to the Honorable Margaret M. Mann