R. Joseph Hrubiec
Mr. Hrubiec is a partner in the firm’s Mass Torts Litigation department working out of the Wilmington, Delaware office. Mr. Hrubiec represents plaintiffs in asbestos, pharmaceutical, and environmental litigation, as well as personal injury matters including motor vehicle accidents and work injuries.
Prior to joining Napoli Shkolnik PLLC, Mr. Hrubiec worked for a regional defense law firm. His experience representing defendant corporations makes him aware of the tactics that the companies use to try and diminish the value of plaintiffs’ cases. As a result, he is able to advise his clients and get just compensation for their injuries.
Mr. Hrubiec received his Bachelors degree from Syracuse University in 2006, and Juris Doctor degree from Syracuse University College of Law in 2010. He is a member of the state bars of Delaware and New Jersey and is also admitted to practice in the District Court of Delaware.
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Delaware
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.MUS., cum laude
- Professional Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- Speaking Engagements
Panel Chair, “The Importance of ADR and Meet & Confer Requirements”, Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference (June 2018)
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
- $90,000 for individual who suffered an annular tear of L4-5 after a motor vehicle collision
- $18,000 for individual who received a hernia mesh patch that was defective and failed
- $15,000 for employee who was discriminated against by employer in violation of the American with Disabilities Act
- Pro Bono
Mr. Hrubiec is a participant in the annual Wills for Seniors event hosted by Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, providing estate-planning services such as wills, advanced healthcare directives and financial powers of attorney at no cost to eligible seniors in Delaware.