Marie has been an attorney for over twenty-three years. She has experience handling personal injury, medical malpractice, employment discrimination, civil rights and mass tort matters. Marie earned her J.D. from St. John’s University Law School and her L.L.M. degree from New York University (NYU) School of Law. She has worked for the New York Appellate Division, 2nd Department and has taught CLE courses on Tort & Civil Procedure at St. John’s University School of Law.
As a founding partner of Napoli Shkolnik PLLC, Marie was involved in many depositions and has tried multiple cases to verdict. Marie understands the breadth of the legal issues that particularly affect women injured by pharmaceutical and other defective products.
Marie is a breast cancer survivor and philanthropist creating awareness to fund research through such charitable organizations as The Bone Marrow Foundation, Inc. Marie is an avid runner and has raised money by competing in the Long Island Half Marathon and the New York City Marathon.
Marie is dedicated to plenty more philanthropic organizations and activities. She was a board member at Glen Cove Boys & Girls Club, which is a youth organization in Glen Cove, New York, and a member of the Board of Governors at the St. John’s University, as well as the President of the Middle School Parent Council of Friends Academy.
Marie Napoli’s Published Works
In 1993, while she was attending the St. John’s University School of Law, Marie Napoli published two of her extraordinary works: “The Lord in the Law: Reflections on a Catholic Law School”, published in the St. Mary’s Law Review and “Sexual Harassment of Women in the Workplace: He Said, She Said”, published in the St. John’s Journal of Legal Commentary.
In 2017, she had two more of her works published: “Lawyer Viewpoint: Marie Napoli on the Law on Sex Addicts and Weinstein”, published by Lawdragon, and “Opioid Crisis Costs: Is There a Cause of Action?”, which Marie wrote to her husband and which was published by the New York Law Journal.
Marie has spoken on a variety of legal issues and has appeared on such networks as Fox Business News, CNN, CBS New York and ABC News.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- New York Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York University School of Law, LLM
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- St. John’s University, B.S.
- Awards and Honors
The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
St. John’s University Board of Trustees Service Recognition Award
- Professional Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association (BWBA)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association (NYBA)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- New York Women’s Bar Association (NYWBA)
- John’s University School of Law, Advisory Board to the Dean
- Fordham University President Council
- The Bone Marrow Foundation, Associate Board Member
- Paul and Marie Napoli Foundation, Founder
Previously Served As
- John’s University, Former Member of the Board of Governors
- Notes & Comments Editor, St. John’s Journal of Legal Commentary
- Notes & Comments Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- President, St. John’s Alumni Association, Nassau Chapter
- Vice President, Friend’s Academy Parent Council
- Board Member, Glen Cove Boys & Girls Club
- Speaking Engagements
Featured Speaker, “America on Opioids: The Issues, The Claims and The Coverage”, Perrin Conferences Webinars
- Media Appearances
With Trump MIA on Opioids, Here Come the Lawyers, BloombergView (1/12/18)
- Deadly Las Vegas Shooting Charity Scams (October 10, 2017)
- After Las Vegas shooting, Nevada officials go after sham web sites seeking donations (FoxNews.com | October 10, 2017)
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
- U.S. Hollywood director on the run for rape charge, new rape claims (October 9, 2017)
WABC-7 Eyewitness News
FoxNews.com Strategy Room with Julie Banderas
- Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch Confirmation Hearings
- FBI Directory James Comey’s Congressional Testimony
PrimeTime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield
- Mystery Deepens After Coed Vanishes: Was She Kidnapped
- Cops Want to Know Why Teen Allegedly Killed Stepmom
- Walmart Shooting Cops: Man Charged With Killing Shoplifter Fired Gun 9Xs
- Defendants Sentencing Impacted by his Attitude Towards the Judge in Court
- MMA Fighter War Machine’s Trial – Part 1
- War Machine on trial for allegedly nearly beating ex-girlfriend Christy Mack to death – Part 2
WCBS TV News with Jennifer McLogan
WSHU Public Radio
- Opioid Crisis Costs: Is There a Cause of Action?, The New York Law Journal (November 16, 2017)
- The Law of Sex Addicts and Weinstein, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association (fall 2017)
- Lawyer Viewpoint: Marie Napoli on the Law on Sex Addicts and Weinstein, Lawdragon (October 16, 2017)
- The Lord in the Law: Reflections on a Catholic Law School, St. Mary’s Law Review
- Sexual Harassment of Women in the Workplace: He Said, She Said, St. John’s Journal of Legal Commentary (Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development, Issue 2 Volume 7, Spring 1993)
- Court Appointments
Plaintiff steering committee on the Multi District Litigation for the [BHRPSC] In re: Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 2775)
- Civic Engagement and Philanthropic Pursuits
Board of Governors at the St. John’s University
- Other Experience
- Napoli Kaiser Bern LLP
- Napoli Kaiser & Associates LLP
- Kaiser & Hirsch
- Lawyer, New York, Appellate Division Second Department
- Law Clerk, New York State Supreme Court, Queens County Justice Freedman