Ms. Georgiou is an associate attorney in the firm’s Personal Injury Department, working out of the Manhattan office. Within Personal Injury Law her practice focuses on premise liability, products liability, labor law and medical malpractice. She is involved in all aspects of a case from intake to trial, including depositions, mediations and motion practice.
She has also provided legal assistance for her clients in the areas of family law, immigration, social security benefits, landlord/tenant, estate planning, and employment discrimination law. Ms. Georgiou has been a featured speaker in the “Know Your Rights” seminar series covering estate planning, advanced directive preparation and tenant’s rights.
Kristina has been a team member of numerous successful outcomes for clients, obtaining settlements in the high six-figures. Notably, Ms. Georgiou worked on a personal injury case that resulted in a $4.1 million settlement on behalf of a client who sustained extensive injuries after a car accident caused by a negligent driver. This case outcome was featured in the “Verdicts & Settlements” section of a fall 2018 edition of The New York Law Journal.
An article that Ms. Georgiou co-authored, entitled “Forceful Brief Writing and Oral Argument”, was published in the Analysis Section of Volume 260-No.99 of The New York Law Journal. The article focuses on the best way to thoroughly prepare a case based on the facts and the law in order to win an appeal.
For her legal achievements, Ms. Georgiou has been named to the prestigious New York Metro Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars list in 2018 and 2019
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D.
- Queens College, B.S.
- Awards and Honors
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-2019
- Intercultural Human Rights Law Review Member at St. Thomas University School of Law
- CALI Book Award Recipient for Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy
- Member of the Rosemary Barkett American Appellate In of Court
- Fellowship recipient for Equal Justice Summer Corps
- Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “Know your Rights” Seminars (Real Estate Planning, advanced directive preparation and tenant’s rights in South Florida)
- Legal Terms Explained, What does “Contingency Fee” mean?
- Co-Author, Forceful Brief Writing and Oral Argument, New York Law Journal (November 20, 2018)
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
Ms. Georgiou was part of the medical malpractice legal team who assisted in obtaining a:
- Multi-Million Dollar Personal Injury Settlement for a client who has sustained permanent injuries as result of sitting in a defective piece of furniture.
- $1.3 Million Automobile Accident Trial Settlement on behalf of client who suffered traumatic injuries after being t-boned when he had the green light.
- $860,000 Labor Law Settlement
- $4.1 Million Personal Injury Settlement on behalf of a client who sustained extensive injuries after a car accident caused by a negligent driver. Our client underwent numerous spinal surgeries and is now unable to work and requires assistance for every-day activities.
- $750,000 Mediation Settlement on behalf of a client who underwent a total knee replacement after being injured at work
- $750,000 Settlement on behalf of a client administered bupivacaine (general anesthesia) who then fell into cardiac arrest and then a coma
- $500,000 Settlement on behalf of a client who was suffering from complications due to prostate cancer and had a needle negligently puncture his rectum
- Other Experience
Ms. Georgiou provided legal assistance for clients in the areas of family law, immigration, social security benefits, landlord/tenant, estate planning, and employment discrimination law.
- Pro Bono
- No More Tears, providing legal assistance for victims of domestic violence
- HELP, INC, HIV Education and Law Project