Ms. Georgiou focuses her practice on personal injury law, including premise liability, products liability, labor law, and medical malpractice. She is involved in all aspects of a case from intake to trial. She has also provided legal assistance for her clients in the areas of family law, immigration, social security benefits, landlord/tenant, estate planning, and employment discrimination law.
She has been a featured speaker in “Know Your Rights” seminar series covering estate planning, advanced directive preparation and tenant’s rights.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D.
- Queens College, B.S.
- Awards and Honors
- New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018
- Intercultural Human Rights Law Review Member at St. Thomas University School of Law
- CALI Book Award Recipient for Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy
- Member of the Rosemary Barkett American Appellate In of Court
- Fellowship recipient for Equal Justice Summer Corps
- Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “Know your Rights” Seminars (Real Estate Planning, advanced directive preparation and tenant’s rights in South Florida)
- Legal Terms Explained, What does “Contingency Fee” mean?
- Co-Author, Forceful Brief Writing and Oral Argument, New York Law Journal (November 20, 2018)
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
Ms. Georgiou was part of the medical malpractice legal team who assisted in obtaining a:
- $4.1 Million Personal Injury settlement on behalf of a client who sustained extensive injuries after a car accident caused by a negligent driver. Our client underwent numerous spinal surgeries and is now unable to work and requires assistance for every-day activities.
- $750,000 Mediation Settlement on behalf of a client who underwent a total knee replacement after being injured at work
- $750,000 Settlement on behalf of a client administered bupivacaine (general anesthesia) who then fell into cardiac arrest and then a coma
- $500,000 Settlement on behalf of a client who was suffering from complications due to prostate cancer and had a needle negligently puncture his rectum
- Other Experience
Ms. Georgiou provided legal assistance for clients in the areas of family law, immigration, social security benefits, landlord/tenant, estate planning, and employment discrimination law.
- Pro Bono
- No More Tears, providing legal assistance for victims of domestic violence
- HELP, INC, HIV Education and Law Project