Christopher R. LoPalo
Christopher R. LoPalo is an experienced litigator who manages the firm’s Pharmaceutical and World Trade Center Departments. He is a personal injury attorney whose primary focus is on the litigation of complex mass tort litigations involving products liability, personal injury litigation, medical malpractice cases, wrongful death litigation, environmental, negligence, and class actions all over the United States. Mr. LoPalo has been an integral player in successfully recovering hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of the firm’s clients since joining the Napoli Shkolnik PLLC.
Mr. LoPalo’s clients typically include individuals throughout the country who were seriously injured by large corporations or municipalities such as Wyeth, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer, Johnson & Johnson, Janssen, Hoffmann-LaRoche, Merck, Eli Lilly, Organon, Takeda, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Boehringer Ingelheim, and the City of New York.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- United States District, Southern District of New York
- United States District, Eastern District of New York
- United States District, Northern District of New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A.
- Awards and Honors
- Speaking Engagements
- Media Appearances
A landfill in their backyard, CNN (September 11, 2020)
After 9/11, Staten Island’s defunct Fresh Kills landfill became a forensic site for Ground Zeros debris. Nineteen years later, the city is transforming it into a park. residents worry it’s making them sick, but the city has found “little evidence” of a link.
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
*Results May Vary Depending On Your Particular Facts and Legal Circumstances*
- In re: World Trade Center Disaster Site Litigation, 21 MC 100 (AKH) and 21 MC 102 (AKH), United States District Court, Southern District of New York. Mr. LoPalo played an integral role in the historic settlement of more than ten thousand workers’ claims against the City of New York, its contractors and other defendants in the mass tort litigation where first responders, construction workers, and laborers became ill as a result of toxic exposures suffered during the debris removal and clean-up operations at the World Trade Center and related sites following the September 11, 2001 attacks. Additionally, Mr. LoPalo resolved hundreds of claims involving workers who cleaned-up the buildings surrounding the World Trade Center Site.
- $1M+ Zadroga Award
- $233,400 Zadroga Award
- In re: NuvaRing ® Litigation: Mr. LoPalo’s clients participated in the $100 Million NuvaRing Resolution Program for compensation for blood clotting injuries caused by a birth control device.
- In re: Pradaxa (Dabigatran Etexilate) Products Liability Litigation: Mr. LoPalo’s clients participated in the $650 Million Pradaxa Master Settlement Program for compensation for their bleeding injuries caused by blood thinners.
- In re: Yasmin and Yaz (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation: Mr. LoPalo’s clients obtained millions of dollars for blood clotting injuries caused by birth control pills.
- In re: Trasylol Products Liability Litigation: Mr. LoPalo’s clients obtained millions of dollars a result of being administered the defective drug Trasylol during heart surgery.
- In re: Diet Drug (Phentermine, fenfluramine, dexfenfluramine) Products Liability Litigation: Mr. LoPalo’s clients obtained close to a billion dollars as a result of heart injuries from defective diet medications.
- Other Experience
- Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik LLP