Andrew J. Dressel
Andrew is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Class Actions Department, focusing on complex commercial disputes and class actions. A former associate at Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP, he has extensive experience in consumer fraud class actions, toxic tort litigation, complex commercial litigation, and valuation disputes.
He was a member of the University of Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court Clinic where he worked on a number of important U.S. Supreme Court cases involving criminal procedure and the right to counsel. Prior to entering the legal profession Andrew was public school teacher in his hometown of Edison, NJ for eight years.
- Bar Admissions
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
Rutgers University, Economics, B.S.
- Awards and Honors
New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017-2018
Senior Editor University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Media Appearances
Uber driver alleges service fee deductions do not apply to Boost, Surge calculations, Legal NewsLine (March 23, 2018)
Uber Faces Driver Pay Class Action Over Upfront Pricing, Bloomberg BNA (February 16, 2018)
Uber Ordered to Hand Over Driver Information, Bloomberg BNA (February 15, 2018)
Uber Driver Pushes For Cert. In Suit Over Fares, Law360 (January 26, 2018)
Uber’s Upfront Pricing May Violate Driver Agreements, Bloomberg BNA (August 1, 2017)
Uber Says Drivers Are Ignoring Contract In Pricing Suit, Law360 (July 12, 2017)
Drivers Slam Uber’s Bid To Duck Pricing Model Class Action, Law360 (July 5, 2017)
Uber Hits Back At Proposed Class Action Over Driver Fares, Law360 (June 20, 2017)
- Representative Cases and Settlements of Note
- An owner of one of the world’s leading beverage companies in litigation surrounding the valuation of his shares in the company
- A leading hedge in a dispute over the valuation of its interests in a quantitative trading firm
- An executive in an investment management company in an arbitration over his severance package with the company
- A multi-billion dollar entity disputing the award of foreign tax credits by the IRS
- An energy company facing class action lawsuits and state attorney general investigations related to its marketing practices
- Investors in residential mortgage-backed securities seeking to enforce repurchase provisions related to those securities
Summer Law Clerk-Hon. Thomas O’Neill, Jr.-E.D.Pa.
- Other Experience
Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
Arthur Littleton and H. Clayton Louderback Legal Writing Instructor, Penn Law
Member, Penn Law Supreme Court Clinic
- Pro Bono
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley: Representation of clients in unemployment benefit hearings